Friday, March 17, 2017

Foreword to Informative Speech: Vlad, the Impaler

Vlad Tepes, collected

Why I chose him:


Honestly, I chose him because I wanted to do something out of the box. We all knew what Dracula is or who Bram Stoker is. But not every one of us knows about the real inspiration behind the iconic dark prince, Dracula. People should know that the person who was the blueprint for Dracula was even more sinister than the fictional character.


Dracula was vampire, he needed blood to survive. But his real counterpart was a flesh and blood human. He enjoyed hurting people only for the sake of his satisfaction. I believe he might be one of the earliest examples of a sadist. People my age really like to know about such historical facts about real life torturers, whether we admit it or not. So, I think this topic will be a bit more appealing because it is not usual. Also, I did not want to coincide with someone else with the same topic, so I chose someone who nobody may think about.

Dracula by Bram Stoker is one of my all-time favorite, not because of the content but because of the writing style. So, this speech is also like an appreciation to the writer. Dracula is also phenomenal in the literature. It gave birth to countless new novels, films, music and even fashion. So, people should know who that one person is that put such an impression on Stoker to shake the world.

For all these reasons, I chose Vlad the Impaler as my topic.


No comments:

Post a Comment